Another year of practicing balance comes to a close! My year, and most of my writing, was dominated by the theme of pregnancy and baby. The culmination of my “project” for the last few years arrived just over a month ago, and we couldn’t be more thrilled! Future posts are sure to include the new wrinkle of parenting into my practice of balance.
The other big change this year was joining the list of writers at Mothers in Medicine. By far the most widely viewed thing I wrote overall was my piece there about the hazards of being pregnant in the OR. It got syndicated by MedPage Today‘s daily news blast, and there was a great conversation about readers’ own experiences in the comments.
Anyway, here is the list of the five most popular posts (by number of page views) on my blog this year. Enjoy, and happy new year! Let me know what you think of the list! Any favorites that were left off?
5. How pregnancy changed my body image
4. My introduction of Mothers in Medicine
3. The (so far) one and only “Dear Dawn” post about how to pick a medical specialty
2. My birth story (with bump video), and how it taught me to take things as they come
1. The original reveal of my pregnancy and the difficulty of dealing with shoe-drop thinking
It’s been a great year!